Wednesday, January 11, 2012

awesome parents...


My kids loooove to color, what kid doesn't right? We bought them a whole bunch of crayons, markers and pads to color with a few months back. What I didn't expect is how much fun Lee would have coloring, I can just imagine him sitting there giggling like a silly school girl as he colors whatever his little imagination came up with. good times.
So I thought....

Fast forward six months, I arrive at Jacks school to pick him up and the Teacher asks to speak with me. Ughh oh great what did he do now, She says she just needs to show me what Jack brought in for "show and tell" today. She pulls out one of the coloring pads from some time ago, it took me a minute to recognize. She flips to a page and hands me the book:

W.T.F!!??


I am so dumbfounded I just stand there wide eyed with my mouth open completely speechless, horrified and confused. She breaks the silence with a snicker and finally explains how he pulled it out for the class and she instantly took it from him (thankfully jack or the other kids) are not yet good readers. She said the kids didn't know what it said so it's not a big issue but wanted to bring it too my attention to check his bag before he comes to school. I instantly apologize, I swear I don't even know where it came from. She must think we are complete nut jobs or really awesome!

When I get into the car absolutely mortified I show Lee and he starts to CRACK up. Soooo What happens now......I join in! We must have sat in the parking lot for what felt like 3hours laughing. It took him a minute to even remember writing it and he swears he threw it away. obviously not . I just sit there for a minute and ask, what were you thinking, std green, seriously, omg!!! This goes in my book for "top ten embarrassing moments as a parent." I can't waaaaait to see what happens tomorrow.....

8 comments:

  1. wow - yes top ten embarassing moments for sure! I'm a new mom but I'm sure those moments will come in due time!
    New follower from MBC :)
    ~HearMyHand
    www.hearmyhandsasl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How utterly funny and embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. So funny.

    New follower from MBC! Hope you'll drop by and visit me!

    Ashley
    www.modernmommymagic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can we say? Kids are funny! New follower from MBC. Please stop by to visit my blog
    carolbalocka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA! that is funny!! I'm a new follower from MBC :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny!! I would be super embarrassed! New follower from MBC, have a great weekend! You can find me at
    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/
    Stop by when you get the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. O M G.
    I would have crawled under the table and DIED! For realz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I would have been mortified! This *is* funny though! {new follower from MBC}

    ReplyDelete