Saturday, February 2, 2013

Donut Fight...

I totally lost it yesterday morning with the kids. I really just couldn't take all the fighting and whining and crying at 6am while trying to get us out the door. It was now 6:45 and I am running around like a screaming lunatic because I am late for work and just realized I will not have time to get my coffee which I desperately need. I swear it is my kids mission to make my life as tough as possible. I finally get us all in the car, I'm half way too the day care while driving as fast as possible. Not because I'm late, I just can't wait to drop them off in anticipation of my only day without them in what feels like forever. 
I'm envisioning the endless things I will be able to accomplish today, first and fore most, how glorious my shower will be without having to answer questions from jack thru the curtain like "mom who invented indoor plumbing?" or "mom whats 15million times 17thousand" ugh for real!?. Then there's Paige throwing juice boxes or crayon boxes into the running water she wants me to open at that very second. yep. 
That's when jack interrupts my better than sex daydream and says. "um mom, you forgot our breakfast"  dammit! Now I have to run to dunkin doughnuts and grab them a breakfast of champs. I start to feel guilty at this point for all the screaming I did this am and realize it's not all their fault I need more patience.
I ask jack nicely "what kind of donut do you want?"  he replies simply " chocolate sprinkled" 
I say Paige what would you like " yay, da'nut sprikles" This is when I ask my almost 4yr old a very simple question my 20month old just answered. 
 "Logan, what kind would you like ?"  and this is where the shit storm starts.  He screams " I DON'T WANT SPRINKLESSS!!" holy shit. I lose it. "Why are you yelling at me, what kind of donut to you waaaaaaant!!!??" I scream back. He replies " I DON'T WANT SPRINKLESSSSS!!!!" I try to pull it together and say calmly. "ok logan No sprinkles would you like, plain or just chocolate?"  he repeats "NOOO SPRINKLES!"
 Jack tries to help me and says "Logan mommy knows you don't want sprinkles, what kind do you want?"  Uhg I give up, I'm just going to order him anything but sprinkles. We get our diabetes in a bag breakfast and take off.  I pull into the school lot while Logan opens the bag and sees 3 sprinkled donuts. This is when I finally see that the UNIVERSE is against me not just my kids. That bitch at dunkin gave me the wrong order.  
Logan: "you don't want to get me angry, you don't want to see me get mad!!!" Apparently I am the mom of the hulk. "Oh yea Logan what are you going to do? I'm sorry but you are going to have to eat it or nothing at all" he then takes his donut, made the most evil expression you will ever see on a kid (see below), looked right at me and smashed the freakin thing into my car window! OH OH OHH HELL NOOOOO, he is NOT winning this fight. I scrape the remains off the window and smash it into his devil hulk face! OK not really but I did envision doing that and honestly might have if I weren't in public.
Anyway that was my Friday morning, btw I didn't even end up taking my envisioned shower because apparently ST. Francis had a half day that I was unaware of. Whatever story of my life....I have to go now and egg the D&D drive thru. 
.The End.

Logan's Hulk face, that or I think he may need and exorcism.

No comments:

Post a Comment